The committee comprises ordinary members of the Society. Its aim is to ensure the smooth-running of a successful club. The committee makes decisions about the day to day running of the Society, ensures that money and property are properly used (and managed) to meet the aims and objectives of the Society, ensures that the Society does everything within the law and abides by the Society’s governing document. The committee are also responsible for the administration and organisation of competitions run by the Society throughout the season. The committee are answerable to the members of the Society and are elected at either an Annual General Meeting of the Society or at a Special General Meeting which may be called at any time (these processes are fully laid out in the Society Rules). To contact the committee please drop us a line using the contact form here.
Rules are vital to any successful organisation. We don't have many, but it is important that they are there to ensure everything is fair.
These are the rules for the club itself:
• BSEPS society rules
And here are the rules that govern our competitions:
• BSEPS competition rules
• A printable version of our programme
• Application form to join club (to print and fill-in on paper)
BSEPS is pleased to be able to offer its members a range of photographic equipment free of charge. The equipment is loaned out for a period of seven days only, with no consecutive periods of loan. An item can be borrowed again if no other member requires it. When borrowing any equipment a member must complete an equipment loan form and make sure it is signed by a member of the committee.
Equipment for loan:
Heavy duty background support in case (2 stands and crossbar) with 3mx3m white/grey vinyl photographic screen in tube.
Datacolor SpyderLensCal with packaging
Colourmunki Smile screen proflier with box
Sekonic L-308S Flashmate Light Meter, case and A4 Manual.
4 x Cactus V6 Wireless Flash Transceiver, A4 Manual, AA Battery charger & 4 sets of 4 AA rechargeable batteries in Vanguard VGP-13 Photo-video hard case.
Studio Continuous Lights, consisting of 2 sets of lights, each with 5 bulbs, 2 softboxes & 2 stands. 1 set single lights, fixed softbox, stand and a green backdrop all in a large black holdall.
Logan Mount Cutter and Cutting Mat
• Basics of Photography - Jim Palfrey
• My Movie Instruction - Jo Sweetman
• Nailing Focus - John Lord
• Producing an AV (Notes from Barbie's lecture on creating AVs) - John Lord
• Small Flash Setup - Andrew Stawarz
• Studio Notes - Peter Hrebien
• Close Up & Macro Photography - John Lord
• Overview of Photo Software Oct 12 - John Lord
• Photographic Techniques - John Lord
• A handy guide to Lightroom keyboard shortcuts
• Focus Stacking - by John Lord
• Long Exposure Light Painting - Simmy Knight
• Camera Triggering - John Lord
East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies
Photographic Alliance of Great Britain
Royal Photographic Society
British Photographic Exhibitions
British Institution of Professional Photographers
Hints & Tips: